Monday, November 9, 2009

#21 Online Video

I am so proud that I have learnt how to put a video from YouTube on my blog!!! I chose a commercial from Thailand that I completed an analysis on with my year 9 class. It is a wonderful ad that students have not seen and therefore enables them to think about the tecnhiques used in a more objective light.

YouTube and TeacherTube are wonderful tools to use in the classroom. I am able to use YouTube a lot in the classroom, for example, film, advertisement, poetry analysis just to name a few!

I don't think teachers can ignore YouTube, students are familiar with it and a lot upload their own creations. They are exposed to a lot of material, good and bad through YouTube. As a teacher you also have the opportunity to analyse YouTube as a whole, discuss what students have viewed, make evaluations - and connect the evaluations to the wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment