Wednesday, September 30, 2009

#9 Virtually Online

It is absolutely amazing explore virtual worlds online. I never knew that they existed.
The ideas of being able to visit a virtual library or attend university in a virtual world could be really appealing (as are the money making possibilities).
Some students in the classroom are already engaged in Virtual Worlds online and are keen to spend some of their break time and home time in this world.
I feel that there is huge potential for virutal worlds in the classroom, but I am not sure how to go about it yet. I know I would need to do a lot more research in this area and maybe ask the help and guidance of the students in the classroom.
Though I am concerned about some peoples (children, teenagers and adults) ability to become completely absorbed in the virutal worlds, to the point of neglecting their own. We can not allow these virtual worlds to effect our communication and social skills inside and outside the classroom. Where is the happy medium?

No comments:

Post a Comment