Tuesday, September 1, 2009

#7 Google Books

After viewing Google Books it is wonderful to learn how versatile Google is. I know that some of the worksheets and presentations I create will not be done through Google rather than Microsoft. Not only is it more convenient, but it seems to be easier to use.

Google Books (being an English teacher) is very very exciting. As all my classes spend one lesson a cycle in the library I am always challenged to help find interesting books (even up to the point where I purchase some to share with my classes). How fantastic it is to learn about a program where you can not just search for library books, but topics and magazines. It is also a great idea to allow students to go through themselves and search for what they may like. Each book selected provides a synopsis and also different reader's opinions. Students could also add their own review of the book as well!

The Library is a great idea to keep track of books that students have shown interest in or have read.
I can't wait to start using this application at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment